Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Recipe Time

Live
So as you most know, I LOVE to cook. It is fun and relaxing for me. Also, I love the time Jay and I get to spend together enjoying a home cooked meal. I am always on the look out for new recipes. I also like creating my own recipes. I plan on sharing some of my favorite recipes every now and then.

Tonight, Jay and I enjoyed a new recipe I found. It was a quick and easy recipe and completely delicious! Enjoy!!


Pepper Steak
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
1 small onion, cut into strips
1 pound boneless beef sirloin, cut into strips (I used fajita meat)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp black pepper
4 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 Kraft original BBQ sauce

Heat a large skillet on medium high heat. Be sure to spray it generously with nonstick spray. Add all of the bell pepper and onions. Saute until the peppers and onions are soft (about 10 minutes) and stir often. I added about 3 Tbsp of water to the pan when the peppers and onions began to stick. Once the peppers and onions are soft, remove them from the skillet and place in a bowl.

Into the same skillet, add the meat, garlic, and black pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes stirring often. Add the soy sauce and continue to cook the meat until it is cook through. Add the BBQ sauce and cook until it is heated through.

Add the peppers and onions to the skillet and toss to mix with the meat and sauce. Continue heating for another 2 minutes to warm the peppers and onions.



I served this over white rice with green beans and corn. A very yummy supper!

No comments: